ADOBE® READER® SWEEPSTAKES II OFFICIAL RULES
ANSWERS TO SURVEY QUESTIONS WILL NOT INFLUENCE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The Adobe Reader Sweepstakes II ("Sweepstakes") begins on July 16, 2003 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on September 30, 2003. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. Sweepstakes is sponsored by Adobe Systems Incorporated, 345 Park Avenue, San Jose, CA 95110 ("Adobe").
(1) ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal citizens of the U.S., non-U.S. citizens visiting the U.S. on eligible work or student visa, and citizens of Canada (excluding Quebec) age 18 or older as of the date of entry, with Internet access. Employees, independent contractors, officers and directors of Adobe, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies and legal advisors, and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of such persons, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited by law.
(2) HOW TO ENTER: Participants may enter the Sweepstakes by visiting the Adobe Web site at http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/survey.html and completing the requested entry information. One entry per person is permitted. All entries become the exclusive property of Adobe and will not be acknowledged or returned. To be eligible for the Sweepstakes, entry must be received by Adobe by 11:59 p.m. PST on September 30, 2003.
(3) PRIZES: One (1) prize consisting of one (1) Adobe Photoshop Album software and one (1) Adobe Photoshop Elements software with a total approximate retail value of $148.99USD. No alternative prize, cash equivalent, or other substitution is permitted except by Adobe in the event of prize unavailability. Prize is non-transferable. All federal, state and/or local taxes, and any incidental expenses associated with collection of a prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
(4) SELECTION OF WINNER: The winner will be determined by random drawing from all eligible entries received. Odds of winning prize are based on the anticipated number of entries. Winner will be drawn on or about October 10, 2003, and will be notified by telephone or e-mail within five (5) business days of the drawing, at which time the winner’s full shipping address and phone number will be required for fulfillment of award. Winner will have 15 days from notification to accept the prize by mail. Canadian residents, if selected as a winner, must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question in order to receive prize. Adobe is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the winner. Winner may be required to sign and return a release of liability, declaration or affidavit of eligibility, and where lawful, a publicity consent agreement all within 15 days of receipt by winner as a condition of receiving the prize. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize, or fails to timely return the completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prizes may be forfeited and an alternative winner selected.
(5) GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Conduct of Sweepstakes and selection of winners are in Adobe's sole discretion, and Adobe's decisions are final and binding. Adobe, agents and representatives of Adobe, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, or postage-due entries; (ii) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Adobe that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes; (iv) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each participant agrees to release and hold Adobe and the employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives of Adobe, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Sweepstakes or resulting from participant's Sweepstakes participation, acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. Adobe reserves the right to permanently disqualify from any promotion any person it believes has intentionally violated these rules. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant and Adobe in connection with Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope (Washington residents may omit postage) to: Official Rules, Adobe Reader Sweepstakes II, 345 Park Avenue, E9-128, San Jose, CA 95110.
(6) WINNER LIST: A winners list may be obtained by sending a stamped, self addressed envelope (Washington residents may omit postage) to Winners List, Adobe Reader Sweepstakes II, 345 Park Avenue, E9-128, San Jose, CA 95110. Request for winners list must be received by November 1, 2003.